Sun, Fresh Air, & Inspiration

I have decided that gifts that can be shared are the best gifts (right!?!), so for Valentine's Day, I gifted Jason (& me!!!) with a membership to the Norton Simon Museum in Pasadena.  This art museum is just so lovely- it's the perfect size for an afternoon trip, has a wonderful collection, and has a beautiful, sun-dappled sculpture garden (complete with turtles and ducks and lily pads, of course).

I'm getting over a cold and work has been pretty busy, so I've been feeling very tired and less-than-motivated as of late.  Spending some time at an art museum and outside in the sun turned out to be exactly what I needed.  It is so easy to get caught up in everything else that is going on in life, so it's nice to be somewhere where you know and recognize so much- a place that gives you a chance to remember why you love what you do in the first place.  It's not so much the actual museum that does this- I've only really been to the Norton Simon a few times, but it's the idea of a museum and the fact that you're completely surrounded by history and talent and so many lives.

We were also very lucky to have seen Van Gogh's Self Portrait, 1889, which is on loan from the National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C. through March 4.  You should really make the trip if you get the chance. Go get inspired!






Comments

Popular Posts