Packing

It's finals again for my students, so I am doing a lot of last minute things that take up a lot of time.  So, I have been packing for our trip in the moments between proofreading or reviewing photos or test-grading or offering general invaluable advice on life (just kidding on the last one- well, sometimes).  These are the items (so far) that I deem important enough to take with us, keeping in mind I am unsupervised at this point in the process and do not know what I am doing.

-  (Homemade) First Aid Kit

What?  They're expensive and I already have a lot of the contents, minus those cool glow sticks or flares or an emergency blanket. 

Ok, so those things all sound more important now than when I was being frugal. Whatever, I have enough bandaids, Bactine, and tiny packages of Kleenex to last us 18 trips to Yosemite.


-  Fire starter nuggets

I bought them because I thought they were cute.  Really, Rachel?  Cute fire starter nuggets?  We'll see if they work.


-  Handwarmers

Awesome.  Hands down.  (Ha!)


-  A lot of socks.

You can never have too many.


-  A Snuggie

One royal blue Snuggie.  That's right, it's not just a funny gift that everyone got one year for Christmas because there was a display in the line at CVS.  I actually use mine.  A lot.  There is something to be said about a blanket with sleeves, and I say it's going camping.  So, thank you, little brother.  Your gift is much appreciated, even two years later.


-  Implements of s'more-making.

For all meals.


- A purple snowboarding jacket purchased for $20.  TWENTY DOLLARS.




Now, this is my favorite trip essential, and I think I'll just stop here because nothing can possibly compare.  Yes, it's purple, but it's also awesome and $20, so I think we can all get over how goofy it is.  (And also how funny it is that I'm wearing a snowboarding jacket.)   Let's not get too crazy- I'm not actually snowboarding.  Ever.  But it will be cold, so this should do the trick.  Hopefully.

Don't worry!  The next photos you'll see won't be in my living room.  Yosemite bound!



Comments

Popular Posts